New Consumer Purchase Terms
As our consumer-focused offerings continue to expand, we're writing to let you know that we’ve updated our legal terms to include Consumer Purchase Terms (“Terms”). We encourage you to review the Terms in full before they go into effect for existing users on February 25, 2021. Continued use of ALEKS Independent Use will mean you accept these Terms.
- Subscription automatic renewal process: Auto-renewal ensures continued access to your product unless and until you cancel your subscription, with no need to keep track of renewal dates. You must cancel your subscription before it automatically renews at the end of your current subscription period (or free trial if applicable) in order to avoid renewal charges. Cancellation instructions are provided in your periodic emails and in your Master Account.
- New refund policies: You may cancel a subscription at any time, but the cancellation will only become effective at the end of your current billing period (or free trial if applicable). We do not offer refunds or credits if you cancel your subscription after your new billing cycle begins.
- Disputes: Any disputes relating to your use of our subscription products will be subject to arbitration, except with respect to disputes arising out of (i) violations of our intellectual property rights or (ii) individual claims made in small claims court. Arbitration proceedings can be filed only on an individual basis.
- Payment processing: We use third party payment processors to process payments for our subscription products.
- If you disagree with the updated Terms, you may terminate your agreement with ALEKS by visiting your Master Account or by contacting ALEKS Customer Support.
- Continued use of ALEKS Independent Use after February 25, 2021 will indicate your acceptance of these Terms.